In this episode of Both Success And Integrity With Bessi Graham, Bessi explores the power dynamics and behaviors of business leaders and how we can do better in our business leadership building.
Inspired by a listener’s question, she unravels the reasons behind witnessing the worst aspects of humanity in business environments. Delving into three main factors, Bessi challenges conventional notions of power, emphasizes the need for aligned incentives, and cautions against the pitfalls of action-driven leadership. Throughout the episode, Bessi also invites reflection and community engagement, sharing practical insights and recommending books for further exploration. Join us as we navigate the complexities of power, uncovering new pathways towards ethical and impactful business practices.
Also in this episode:
- How to spark a conversation about leadership.
- The misunderstanding of power and profit maximization.
- What will end up diminishing your power?
- How we structured our attention and incentives in business.
- How to use flexibility to your advantage.
- How to think like a business leader.
- The practice of self-knowledge and reflection.
- The four quadrants of good leadership practice.
Books referenced in the episode:
Subscribe To Both Success And Integrity with Bessi Graham:
Connect With Bessi Graham:
About Bessi Graham:
With over 20 years of experience working with business owners, governments, and large funding bodies to bring “doing good” and “making money” back together, my experience spans from the grassroots of sitting in the dirt working with business owners across the Pacific Islands through to the United Nations in Geneva. This has given me an unparalleled perspective on what makes change happen.
You know you were born to do something significant, so don’t leave it to chance.