In this episode of Both Success And Integrity With Bessi Graham, Bessi is joined by Kieron Boyle to dive into the world of impact investment and the transformative power it holds for businesses and society.
The Chief Executive of the Impact Investing Institute, Kieron joins us to share his wealth of experience and insights. Kieron’s journey across government, philanthropy, and business sectors has equipped him with a unique perspective on effecting positive change. Throughout the conversation, we explore practical strategies and real-world examples that demonstrate how businesses can align their interests with social and environmental impact. From employee engagement to supply chain considerations, Kieron emphasizes the significance of small tweaks that can lead to significant positive change within organizations. We challenge traditional assumptions and discover how intentional business practices can drive sustainable growth while creating a better future for all.
Also in this episode:
- Embrace collaboration and shared values across sectors to achieve impact.
- Start with small, practical steps to create change within your business.
- See the integration of business and social impact as a single unified approach.
- Assumptions hinder innovation and alternative approaches in business experiments.
- Impact investing focuses on positive social and environmental outcomes while ensuring financial sustainability.
- Businesses have the power to showcase alternative ways of doing things and influence government policies.
- “Impact investing” is positioned as “good investing” for the future.
- Business leaders are challenged to take up their part in creating change
About Kieron Boyle
Kieron Boyle is the Chief Executive of the Impact Investing Institute, the UK’s national body for impact investing. Its mission is to make capital markets fairer for people and for the planet. From 2016 to 2023, Kieron was the Chief Executive of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Foundation, one of the world’s oldest health foundations. Through this period, the foundation transformed its £1 billion investment arm into one of Europe’s leading responsible investors. Kieron was formerly the UK government’s chief advisor on impact investment. He started his career at the Boston Consulting Group. Kieron is a Governor of the Southbank Centre, a Trustee of the Design Council, and the Chair of the Long-term Investors in People’s Health programme, a $7 trillion global alliance of institutional investors.
Connect With Kieron Boyle
Impact Investing Institute: https://www.impactinvest.org.uk/
The Just Criteria: https://www.impactinvest.org.uk/news/just-transition-criteria-launch/
Subscribe To Both Success And Integrity with Bessi Graham:
Connect With Bessi Graham:
About Bessi Graham:
With over 20 years of experience working with business owners, governments, and large funding bodies to bring “doing good” and “making money” back together, my experience spans from the grassroots of sitting in the dirt working with business owners across the Pacific Islands through to the United Nations in Geneva. This has given me an unparalleled perspective on what makes change happen.
You know you were born to do something significant, so don’t leave it to chance.